As I write
the first blog of my life, I have only one person to thank for being the very reason
for my doing so – my mother. She was the one who introduced me to the world of
books and helped me develop a fascination for writing. Be it scribbling daily events in my diary or participating in literary events, she encouraged every attempt of mine at writing saying "You must write more often". It is a strange
coincidence that I am writing my very first blog on Mother’s Day. I dedicate this blog to my mother who gave wings to the writer in me.
I have often
wondered what my life would have been had it not been for my mother’s love,
care, support, guidance, and inspiration. There have been times in my life when
I was completely disillusioned with the way life was; she was the one who held
my hand through those tough times and reassured me that everything will be
fine. Her mere presence can dispel even the greatest fears from my mind. I know
for sure that if she is by my side, I need not worry about anything in this
world.
I was also very fortunate to have a very trusted
friend in my mother. She has been and will always remain my best friend. I have
at times been rude to her and taken her love for granted, but she has never,
not even unintentionally hurt me. I have asked her many times how she is able
to forgive me for my mistakes and she just smiles and says “You will not
understand it now. It’s a mother’s thing”.
In our life we come across a lot of people, however there are some who
leave an indelible mark on your life. Every mother I have met in my life, has
in some way or the other done that to me. Every mother's story is a story of selfless sacrifice. Their love, their affection, is
unparalleled. No emotion in this world can beat the emotion of the love that a
mother has for her child.
No matter how
hard I try, I cannot explain and nor can my mother, the bond of love that exists
between us. Some things in life are like that, simply inexplicable. One can
only experience and marvel at one of the most beautiful gifts that God has
given us – a mother’s love.
No comments:
Post a Comment