They say that
a child’s first hero is its father. I cannot agree more to that. As a child I
had always idolized my father. I always tried to do things the way he did, especially
the way he wrote. He had a habit of keeping a diary and I used to read it
often. His handwriting was something that I had always admired. After many
efforts of trying to write the way he did, I must say I came close. I used to
get really excited when my mother used to say that my handwriting resembles
his.
To me, my
father is an epitome of honesty and sincerity. I always try to be as dedicated
to my work, as my father was to his. Being the typical Capricorn that he is, everything
he does has a touch of perfection. I like his perfectionism and obsession with
orderliness. I guess it is because I myself am a Capricorn and to an extent
share many of his personality traits, including his perfectionism. I sometimes
feel that my mother deserves special appreciation for tolerating two Capricorns like us
at the same time!
Simple,
humble, kind and loveable, my father is my hero; he has always been and will always
be. I continue to idolize him the way I used to when I was a child and every time
someone tells me that I am just like my father, I feel proud and in my mind
thank God for it. Today morning I wished my father saying “Happy Father’s day,
Accha” and in my mind I said “Thank you Dad. I am what I am today because of
you. I love you.”
No comments:
Post a Comment